Where do I install the files in to?
When you have unzipped the zip file then you’ll see 2 folders one is the Experts folder and one is the Scripts folder.
The files that are in the Experts folder you have to copy those to:
C:\Program Files\ MT4 broker name\Experts\
The files that are in the Scripts folder you have to copy those to:
C:\Program Files\ MT4 broker name\Experts\Scripts\
What can is do with this Emulator?
You can test a system that you like even when the markets are closed.
How does it work, how to set it up, how to start, please help?
- After when you have restarted your MT4 platform click the Strategy Tester button.
- Then set it up like this:
- Choose the Expert Advisor: LFH_Trading_Simulator_3, LearnForexHome.com.
- Choose the Pair you like to trade on.
- Choose the Time Frame.
- Choose every tick as your Model.
- Fill in the start and end date you like to trade (you have to wait so it can download all the data from your broker’s server).
- On this bar you change the speed(you can change even when it running).
- When that is all done then just hit the start button.
- After you have hit the Start button you see this:
- Now click the right button on that chart and load your template you like to test.
- Look at this chart how to do this:
- When you have load your template it will look like this:
- Now hit the Pause button.
- Now let it run until we get a signal.
- We have a Sell signal.
- Hit the pause button.
- Double click on the “LFH_Simulator_Sell_Open” script.
- You see the script window.
- Change your stop there where the signals tels you + 5 pips.
- Change your target, let say stop is 25 pis then target is 25 pips to.
- Change your Lot Size.
- Hit now the OK button.
- Hit the Pause button and let see if the signal was right.
How can I change the Stop and or Target price when I made a misstake?
Here you can see how:
- Change Stop: double click on the stop-loss red line and move this up or down.
- Change Target: double click on the Target green line and move this up or down.
- Some info now: This is your Lot Size.
- Info about Pips + or -.
- Info about the money in + or -.
- This your Stop in pips.
- This is your Target in pips.
- This gives you the date and time info on the moment the simulator runs.
Now let see if the signal works out.
- This was a good signal
- Target price has bin hit.
- We have take profit at 25 pips is 250$.
You can do the same with a Buy signal but then reversed.
Can I also take a partial profit?
Yes you can, we wil take the same signal and change the target price to 50 pips.
Here you can see how:
- Double click on “LFH_Simulator_Close_Sell”.
- Change the lot size from 10$ to 8$.
- Hot the OK button.
- You have now 25 pip profit.
- 25 pips has bin taken here.
- Target price was hit here and 50 pips was taken.
- A total of 75 pips with a 300$ profit.